Monday 16 April 2012

Post production

Seeing as editing wasn't my role, I didn't have too much to do with this. My partner was better with this kind of technological changes to the film, and so we decided it would be best if she edited our film. However, for almost every session that she edited, I was there, making sure to give her advice and my opinion, letting her know whether I didn't like something or if I thought something should be done differently.

At first we had a bit of difficulty with the editing software we were provided with, Adobe Premiere, because neither of us has ever used it for anything before so we didn't exactly know how it worked, but in the end the programme turned out to be quite simple to use, and we managed very well in learning all its functions.

We had to use different transitions in between clips in order for the film to run smoothly, as well as making each clip a bit darker, giving it more of a horror film feel. We had decided to keep to my original idea when editing, so we kept the film in a linear form, only needing to put the clips in order forint all to make sense.

We used a slow motion effect on the most important scene of the film, which is the actual killing at the end.when the victim is being stabbed, we slowed the scene down in order to give the audience a more detailed vision of what was happening, as well as putting the most importance onto that particular scene. The editing an adding effects such as this one, creates meaning for the audience, as it shows them which parts are of particular importance and what exactly they should be focusing on in order to take the film in fully and understand it properly.

The audience feedback we received was great, with people genuinely enjoying our work, and some actually getting scared which is a great bonus, as we managed to do in one scene what horror films are meant to do in general.

If I were to do this again, I'd probably re-shoot the ending stabbing scene and the one leading up to it, as that scene had caused a few of the audience members to laugh, and that wasn't what we had planned. Other than that, I am happy with the work me and my partner have done.

The opening sequence is going to be exhibited on YouTube, which is a site tha many young adults and adults visit daily, which is great because that's our target audience and the film is going to be exposed to them.uttimg it on YouTube is a cheap way to get your work out there, for it to be noticed by people.

No comments:

Post a Comment