Sunday 15 April 2012

Assessing my own work

Whenever we made any mistakes in our production, be it in the way we filmed something, or the way we chose our props, lights or settings, when we knew we did something wrong, we always worked to correct it. If we made a mistake, we always tried to take a valuable lesson out of it, so that if we were doing something similar in the future or in a different scene, we would know how we were supposed to do it.

I think that all in all, I worked great with my partner. We always discussed everything thoroughly and whenever we had any misunderstandings, we would talk them out and settle it all before it would get to us. We did however have some problems in keeping with our own deadlines, but in the end  we made it on time with everything, so it all worked out.

I undertook my role very well. I treated this seriously, knowing that a lot was going to depend on it. I had the role of camera woman and producer, so I had to put everything together as well as film it later. My partner and I have already worked together on a production before this one, so we knew how to split our roles well, so that each would be happy with what she got, and that we would know what we were doing.

As we were filming, we didn't view the footage back after every single scene, but instead we waited until we got it onto a computer to watch it back, just so we wouldn't mess anything up with the tape. I realise it might have been a little bit risky as we didn't know whether our scenes were okay until it was over, but it all worked out in the end.

If I were to do this whole thing again, I would do it all the same way, except I would know to manage my time a little better, so I wouldn't end up being stressed out about deadlines. Everything apart from that, I would keep the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment